One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Uphill to Masculinity

This is proof that the road to masculinity for Sam is going to be an uphill battle with so many girly girls around him.

My hope is that with all this adversity, he'll really have to flex his manliness to its utmost, thereby creating some sort of uber-man (dare I say, superman?).

















I'm not interfering with my daughters' attempts at feminizing Sam. Instead, I am giving Sam the tools he needs to maintain his identity as a boy. This includes roundhouse kicks, munitions knowledge, wilderness lore, training in Israeli Krav Maga, and how to configure a PC in under two minutes. These skills, coupled with feats of strength, grappling techniques, and knowing how to pee while standing should be all he needs to foil his sisters.

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

Maybe you could at least throw some blue bunny ears/tiaras/bows into the rotation, too. Sam would probably still get decorated, but at least his accessories would have a nodding aquaintanceship with manhood.

Raging Wombat said...

I like your thinking.