One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hairstyles

A few months ago Jen gave Annie the idea of funktifying the twins' hair. And the girls, for their part, were up to the challenge. They sat through the lengthy process of having their hair wrapped and bound in twisties, preparatory to the 12-hours of sleep need to make their hair as funky as possible. You can see in the photos below that Kate was excited, while Genna was already feeling sassy.


















And here is the final product.
















I have a couple of observations: 1) it is amazing how much a change in hairstyle changes ones appearance, 2) it is amazing at how much little girls enjoy such changes in hairstyle, 3) it is amazing how much time went into a new hairstyle that lasted only a few hours.

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

They look, as always, ridiculously cute. I feel compelled to share, however, that my parents had professional photographs of my three little sisters taken when they were around the same age, sporting similar hairstyles, and all three sisters have made it their personal mission, over the last ten years, to seek out and destroy as many copies of those photographs as they can. The love of the hairdos may not survive puberty, is my point.

Raging Wombat said...

I hadn't considered that, Chelsa. Thanks for ruining my post.

Chelsa said...

I was totally going for the opposite of ruination -- I thought you could begin now reveling in the many and varied opportunities for future blackmailing.

Raging Wombat said...

Good point, Chelsa. I'll start a file.