One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Friday, January 02, 2009

What I Missed in 2008 - Part 1

I was a naughty blogger in 2008. I was so negligent, that I missed a lot that I could have passed on. I'm now sifting through my oodles of photos from 2008 like a miner panning for gold, to bring you the nuggets that otherwise might have never seen the light of day...

...anyways...

This is one of Annie's favorite pictures of Sam. He's curled up on my folk's sofa on Easter Day and smiling at his mother like only an eight-month-old can.


















Here are the girls all lined up during a birthday party. I have no idea whose birthday party it was, and I don't think it matters. I don't think they even knew. There are just so many girls running around that all the squealing and screaming and playing rolls into one big Squeal Fest. And of course, Julia has stripped down to something less than proper. We need to break her of that over the next few years.


















While at Discovery Kingdom the kids were able to find a docile crocodile and climb aboard long enough for me to take this shot. Would you look at that. Everyone of them is smiling (Julia with her uber-smile). Sam isn't fighting it. It's a Discovery Kingdom miracle.


















Here's Julia goofing off while we wait for the twins' swim lessons to start. She's easily entertained and quite entertaining. She's good to have on hand while you're waiting in line or sitting in traffic--you'll never get bored.


















Annie wanted a nice photo taken of her and Julia in the pool (I think for Sam's birthday--but again, does it matter?). Karri had other plans. Click on the photo for a close up. Karri, how did you manage to give us a glimpse of that dangly thing at the back of your mouth? Thanks for the photobomb.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were great pics. Me, Bri and Soph were cracking up at the pic with Karri in the pool. I can't tell you HOW MANY pics I have with her doing that in the background, and they span about 15 years!

The pic of the party was Sophie's party and you're right...squealing, screaming and shrieking pretty much sums up the party noise. Most of the party was out in the backyard, poor poor Billy Boots.

Great post!

Raging Wombat said...

I've gotta see some of those photos! Maybe it could be a dedicated post...

Anonymous said...

Or maybe for Karri's birthday movie? Annie may have more of those kinds of pics too somewhere in her archives!