One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shame & Pride

I'll admit that I actually watched a number of American Idol episodes this year. I usually hate shows like this, but since they did away with the drama of having the contestants live together, it is now an actual talent contest without the taint of 'reality TV.'

That said, I am still ashamed that I watched as much as I did. Annie and I began watching it because she personally knew Mandisa. But that doesn't excuse our continued interest in the schmarmy show well after her elimination.

I can say with pride, however, that we did NOT watch the season finale. Admittedly, it was because we watched Lost instead, but still. The principle remains. I can live on knowing that I demonstrated that ultimate defiance - I didn't watch the finale.

With photos like these, I am doubly proud of our decision ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»