One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Thursday, September 14, 2006

We Relented

After our vocational testing at Funderland, we finally relented and let the girls play on some of the rides. They were eager to ride the fish.

Here is Genna giving her patented coy look. She has gotten pretty good at it (without any practice, unlike her sister), which keeps me up at night as I dread her teenage years. My NRA membership card should be arriving in the mail any day now.

Kate, of course, opted for the pink fish. Genna would have wanted it, too, but I forestalled the argument by describing how Tinkerbell-green the fish was. That sealed the deal.

You'll notice that both of them have wavy hair. That is Annie's doing - she had them sleep in braids. My contribution to their appearance amounts only to the genetic material I supplied and the paychecks I bring home. (well, and my parenting, but let's not quibble).

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

describing the color as 'tinkerbell green' was an act of genius that only a father of three young girls could arrive at. It's all in the presentation.

Raging Wombat said...

You're right - with young girls presentation is everything.

When they are older, and they bring their dates over to our house, I will subtly describe their clothing as 'Stromboli-black' or 'Ursula-gray' or "Evil Stepmother-blue". I hope it works.