One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mistaken Identity

On Sunday, while spending the evening at my wife's sister's house, Annie and I were reminded of an event that had happened several months ago.

We had put Kate to bed in my sister-in-law's bedroom. On the inside of the door, her husband had put up a poster of Arnold Schwarzenegger posing on Venice Beach. It is a black-and-white photo, and shows Arnie in 'The Oak' pose, displaying his youthful, muscle-bound, prize-winning prime (similar to the pose to the right).

When she woke up I went in to get her. I picked her up, and she pointed at the poster and said, "Look, it's Jesus!"

After I stopped laughing I wasn't sure what to say. So, I said, "No, Kate, that is our governor." Then I started laughing again. I think it was just as confusing for me as it was for her.

No comments: