One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

300

Wow, this is my 300th post. I have spent a lot of time on this blog. Too much? Only time will tell.

I thought pictures of the twins standing victorious and triumphant on top of a large stack of hay a fitting tribute to this momentous occasion. They're actually pretty high up. This shot is zoomed in and then cropped.

Julia was pretty jealous, and she was thwarted by her parents as she tried to follow them up. Yet another in a long litany of her being shut out of her sister's activities.

I was pretty photo crazy this day. I took too many, at least that was the impression I got from the girls as I kept calling for their attention and making them pose. I remember as a kid that few things were as frustrating as having your parents cajole and coerce you into posing for photos. And here I was, doing the same.

This was one of the last photos I took, and you can see that the girls have reached the end of their tolerance for, "Kate, look over here," and "Genna, smile," and "No, no, stand right there."

Like the troopers they are, however, they humored me one last time. Such good little girls. Such an obnoxious father.

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

Part of the joy of parenting is inflicting things upon your children that you yourself hated as a child and swore you would never do as a parent. It's the circle of life.

Raging Wombat said...

It's a sick compulsion, but there it is. I can hear Elton John singing to me even now.