One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Playing With Fire (Engines)

It's important to Annie and I that our girls have a healthy respect and admiration for our civil servants, and for those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. At least, that is the excuse I give for leaping at any chance to play with a fire engine.

The other day when we came across a parked engine on display for the community, we were quick to toss our girls inside and snap a few pictures. Here are Kate and Genna, dressed as twins, and smiling for the camera (a rarity from Genna). They were vaguely aware that they were on a fire engine, though their previous experience with these trucks is confined to their playing with a smaller 'weeble' version.

Julia was up next (not dressed like a twin). Naturally, she enjoyed being up high. She was so distracted that I couldn't get her to look at the camera, no matter how I hooted and shouted and jumped. I was afraid that the firefighters on hand might subdue me and start administering some sort of first aid.

In the end it was worth it. I now have pictures of my girls sitting on a fire engine. I have no idea what I'll do with these photos, aside from using them on my blog, but I have them. Yep, I sure do.

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

Is the picture of you sitting on the fire engine being saved for tomorrow's post?

Raging Wombat said...

No, the firefighters tackled me before I could climb aboard.