One Couple's Stumblings Through Parenthood and Marriage

Friday, December 09, 2005

Oops, My Wife Read My Blog ...

I'm busted. My wife read my post about Monster In-Law (see below). She feels that I misrepresented the situation. So, here is an official apology and clarification. I'm sorry. You are right. I did agree to watch the movie. You weren't very eager to see it either, but since we had a free voucher, we both agreed to rent it. And yes, I do blame my mother for recommending it. You have excellent taste in movies. We share the same likes and dislikes. You have been at my side for every showing of The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, historical movies, and anything done by M. Night Shyamalan. Yes, you may pick the next movie. Who wears the pants here?

(I never lied in my post, mind you. What I said could have applied to some of the other romantic comedies that she has had me sit through - The Wedding Planner, Maid In Manhattan, Runaway Bride, anything with Meg Ryan. Can I dig this hole any deeper?)

So there, it is official. You are right and I am wrong. You are better than me. I'll be on the couch if you need me.

No comments: